Do You Have a Storm Emergency Kit?
Storm season is coming. Even in Sacramento we can get some major storms. It makes sense to be prepared and keep your family sage.
SacramentoReady.org has a complete list of items you need in case of a major storm or disaster.
Your Emergency Kit Should Include:
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit and first aid reference material
- Radio – wind-up or battery-operated, with extra batteries
- Local maps
- Water – One gallon per person per day for at least three days
- Food – At least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
- Whistle, to signal for help
- Dust mask, to help filter contaminated air
- Moist toilettes, garbage bags and plastic ties, for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Can opener
- Contact information for family and friends
- ATM and credit cards
- Cash and change
- Prescriptions (enough for a week), along with a list of medications and dosages for each family member and the reason for use
- Eye glasses, hearing aids, and other assistive devices (e.g. cane, walker, etc.)
- Portable phone
- Personal hygiene items (e.g. toothbrush, toilet paper, etc.)
- Mylar blanket
- Copies of important documents in a waterproof, portable container (e.g. photo ID, insurance cards and policies, bank account records, etc.)
- Plastic sheeting and duct tape, to shelter-in-place
- Infant formula and diapers
- Sleeping bag or warm blanket for each person
- Household chlorine bleach and medicine dropper. To use as a disinfectant, dilute nine parts water to one part bleach. Or in an emergency, you can use it to treat water by using 16 drops of regular household liquid bleach per gallon of water. Do not use scented, color safe or bleaches with added cleaners.
- Matches in a waterproof container
- Fire extinguisher
- Mess kit, paper cups, plates, plastic utensils, paper towels
- Pencil and paper
- Books and activities for children
- Written instructions for how to turn off electricity, gas, and water. Remember, you’ll need a professional to turn them back on.
For more information, visit http://www.sacramentoready.org/Prepare/Pages/Emergency-Kit.aspx
If you have suffered storm damage, be sure to call SERVPRO of Fair Oaks / Folsom at 916-987-0400. We are here to help 24/7.
Need help after a major storm? Call SERVPRO of Fair Oaks / Folsom at 916-987-0400. We are here to help 24/7!
If you need help with your emergency visit: http://www.SERVPROfairoaksfolsom.com/. If you have a water or fire emergency be sure to call SERVPRO of Fair Oaks/Folsom at 916-525-1241 so we can help you today!
You can follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SERVPROfairoaksfolsom