Preparing for Fire – Fire Prevention Week 2017
In a fire, seconds count. Seconds can mean the difference between residents of our community escaping safely from a fire or having their lives end in tragedy.
That’s why this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme: “Every Second Counts: Plan 2 Ways Out!” is so important. It reinforces why everyone needs to have an escape plan. Here’s this year’s key campaign messages:
- Draw a map of your home byusing this grid: http://www.nfpa.org/~/media/files/public-education/campaigns/fire-prevention-week/fpw17/fpw17escapeplangrid.pdf?la=en with all members of your household, marking two exits from each room and a path to the outside from each exit. Children can then visualize the exits.
- Practice your home fire drill twice a year. Conduct one at night and one during the day with everyone in your home, and practice using different ways out.
- Teach children how to escape on their own in case you can’t help them.
- Make sure the number of your home is clearly marked and easy for the fire department to find.
- Close doors behind you as you leave – this may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire.
- Once you get outside, stay outside. Never go back inside a burning building.
Visit National Fire Protection Association for the complete article, watch their video and find more resources: http://www.nfpa.org/public-education/campaigns/fire-prevention-week-2
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Fair Oaks / Folsom 916-525-1241.
If you need help with your fire emergency visit http://www.SERVPROfairoaksfolsom.com/fire-smoke-damage-restoration to find out how SERVPRO is able to help you. You can follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SERVPROfairoaksfolsom