Discover mold? Here are the next steps:
Fair Oaks and Folsom Residents! If you notice mold in your walls and ceilings, do your best not to disturb it or attempt to clean it yourself. Reason being is that mold infestation can be inadvertently spread throughout your home. When dry mold is asleep, no harm can come of it. However, when wet or moistened it comes to life and carries more active contaminants. Contamination, or mold damage needs to be contained as close to the original source as possible. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home. Let the experts, SERVPRO of Fair Oaks / Folsom, do their job. It is a process, so why not do it right! In the interim here are a few tips:
- Don’t touch the affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans; do not attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
- Contact SERVPRO of Fair Oaks / Folsom for an assessment.
If You See Mold Damage in your home or commercial property, Fair Oaks and Folsom residents, call us 916-525-1241.