Storm and Flood Preparation
Do not let a storm take you off guard. Be prepared. Experiencing storm damage? Call SERVPRO of Fair Oaks / Folsom at 916-987-0400 to help you. We are available for 24/ emergency service.
Are you at Risk of Flooding?
- California Flood Preparedness: This website provides information about the types of flooding and floodplains in California, suggests for ways to prepare for flooding, and ways to take action.
- CalOES MyHazards Tool: MyHazards is a tool for the general public to discover hazards in their area (earthquake, flood, fire, and tsunami) and learn steps to reduce personal risk. Using the MyHazards tool, users may enter an address, city, zip code, or may select a location from a map.
- Ready.gov: Actions to Take during Flood Watch or Warning: This page explains what actions to take when you receive a flood watch or warning alert from the National Weather Service for your local area and what to do before, during, and after a flood.
- NOAA Weather-Ready Nation: This initiative focuses on support management of the nation’s water supply, understanding of climate-related risks, economic productivity, healthy communities and ecosystems.in the face of increasing vulnerability to extreme weather and water events.
- California Department of Water Resources – All Flood and Safety Topics:The Department has compiled flood topics including: California dam safety, Delta Levees, flood control projects and maps, flood fighting methods, grants and loans, surface storage investigations and much more to help Californians prepare for storms.
- California Coastal Commission El Niño Checklist: To prepare for impacts due to flooding, unusually large waves, heavy precipitation, and erosion, coastal Californians can begin to take measured steps now.
- FEMA Flood Map Service Center (MSC): The FEMA Flood Map Service Center (MSC) is the official public source for flood hazard information produced in support of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
- FEMA Risk Mapping, Assessment and Planning (Risk MAP): This page discusses the Risk MAP program and what the program can mean to communities.
Is Your Home Safe from Flooding?
- California Department of Water Resources: Know Your Flood Risk Mailer: Resource on how to help prepare, prevent and protect yourself from flood risks.
- California Department of Water Resources Flood Risk Notification Program: Reduce your flood risk by being aware and being prepared. Use this site to increase your flood risk awareness and learn practical, easy ways to protect you and your property from costly flood damages.
- Flood Fighting at Home Brochure (.pdf): Tutorial on easy ways to keep water out of your house.
Visit http://storms.ca.gov/individual-preparation/ for more storm preparation ideas.
Need help after a major storm? Call SERVPRO of Fair Oaks / Folsom at 916-987-0400. We are here to help 24/7!