Preparing for a Flood and the Appropriate Responses
OSHA's website has a plethora of information. Being prepared for a flood and knowing how to respond is vital. Many think about their homes but not their businesses. Review OSHA's guidelines:
Having an evacuation plan in place before a flood occurs can help avoid confusion and prevent injuries and property damage. A thorough evacuation plan should include:
- Conditions that will activate the plan
- Chain of command
- Emergency functions and who will perform them
- Specific evacuation procedures, including routes and exits
- Procedures for accounting for personnel, customers and visitors
- Equipment for personnel
- Review the plan with workers
For more details visit: https://www.osha.gov/dts/weather/flood/preparedness.html
When water damage strikes, call SERVPRO of Fair Oaks / Folsom at 916-987-0400.
If you need help with your emergency visit: http://www.SERVPROfairoaksfolsom.com/. If you have a water or fire emergency be sure to call SERVPRO of Fair Oaks/Folsom at 916-525-1241 so we can help you today!
You can follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SERVPROfairoaksfolsom